This was announced today. I”m excited now if i can get a job and get it!
After much anticipation, Sony Legacy is releasing Dolly, a deluxe 4-CD box set that spans Dolly’s entire career and features numerous rare never-before-heard tracks and demos, all 21 of Dolly’s #1 country hits, 11 famous Porter/Dolly duets, and many other select tracks. This ultimate box set features 99 songs spanning multiple labels, including Dolly’s early first recordings at the Louisiana-based Goldband label at age 11, rare recordings from Mercury when she was 16, the Monument recordings from 1965-67, her successful RCA recordings from 1967 to 1985, all the way up to her Columbia releases from 1985 until the mid-90’s.
Among the rare treats for Dolly fans on this unique box set include these previously unreleased tracks:
- “Gonna Hurry (As Slow As I Can)” – a demo circa 1957-62, co-written with Dolly’s uncle Bill Owens.
- “Nobody But You” – (with the Merry Melody Singers) – from the same 1962 Nashville sessions that produced Dolly’s Mercury single “It’s Sure Gonna Hurt” b/w “The Love You Gave,” both of which are also included on this box set.
- “I’ve Known You All My Life” – a virtually unknown Goffin-King song (cut by the Four Preps) from the same November 1965 sessions at Monument as “Don’t Drop Out,” produced and arranged by Ray Stevens.
- “Everything Is Beautiful (In Its Own Way)” – an original composition, from the fall 1969 sessions at RCA Studios Nashville for Dolly’s The Fairest Of Them All album.
- An earlier version of “God’s Coloring Book” recorded in April 1971.
- “Eugene Oregon” and “What Will Baby Be” – both original compositions, from the RCA Studios Nashville sessions of December 1972, recorded for Dolly’s My Tennessee Mountain Home album which didn’t make the album.
- “Comin’ For To Carry Me Home” – Dolly’s own arrangement of “Swing Low, Sweet Chariot” and also a 1971 single which reached #23 on the country charts but was never released on any album.
The box set will also feature a 60 page full-color booklet that features rare never-before-seen photographs and memorabilia, an introduction by singer-songwriter Laura Cantrell, and an extensive 5,000 word biographical essay from ASCAP-Deems Taylor Award-winning writer-editor-producer-lecturer Holly George-Warren.
Sure to be a fan favorite, this box set is due out October 27th. Dollyon-line.com and Legacy Recordings will soon be offering fans an exciting opportunity to order the album and receive an exclusive bonus album download with purchase. More details coming soon! Fans not wanting the bonus download can still preorder the box set from Amazon.